MADDEN NFL 21 DELIVERS INNOVATION INCLUDING:
- Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame: Rise to fame and become immortalized in Madden NFL 21 as you transcend NFL history and shape your path to greatness.
- Take Control: Master all-new running enhancements and live playbooks to drive up the score in Madden NFL 21.
- X-Factor 2.0: New X-Factor abilities fresh out of the lab designed to elevate NFL stars of a new generation in Madden NFL 21.
Ways to Play:
FACE OF THE FRANCHISE: RISE TO FAME:
Be the face of a new generation poised for glory and prove your skeptics wrong in Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame. Launch an influential legacy, leave your mark, and shatter expectations as you rise, in a way only you can. As you recount your Hall of Fame journey, the stakes have never been higher. For the first time ever, kick-off your career as a high school quarterback and choose to pivot to a running back or wide receiver in college. The way you play determines the story you write affecting your legacy as you rise up the draft ranks and go all out to establish your illustrious NFL career.
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM:
Pull up for a brand-new season of fresh and fun Ultimate Team content and competitive team building. Earn MUT coins via Ultimate Team Challenges and finesse your depth chart via strategic decisions. Flex your fantasy roster comprised of current NFL superstars, Hall of Fame legends, and more. Hone your skills and go all out in H2H Seasons, MUT Draft, or MUT Squads to receive even more rewards that you can apply to your Ultimate Team campaign.
Squad up and take down the competition in Madden’s fastest co-op eliminator mode featuring 5-minute games, unique stadium and commentary, dynamic rules and icons of football culture.
Play through a full NFL career and leave your legacy as a player, coach or owner with single-player and multiplayer online-connected leagues. Compete with up to 32 teams in your quest for a Super Bowl Dynasty. Complete each season with a bid to the annual Pro Bowl and earn Seasonal Awards.
Compete in head-to-head online and offline games (single and multi-player) or single player offline against the CPU. Customize your game settings including time of quarters, rules, stadiums, and uniforms.
- New Ball-Carrier Special Moves (Skill Stick) – Ball Carrier evasive moves are now all on the Right Stick, offering more control to link moves together pulling off highlight-reel combo moves. You can even swag your way to the endzone easier this year, with a single button press Celebration Run. But use cautiously, as the ball carriers tend to fumble frequently if tackled while celebrating!
- New User-Friendly Pass Rush Mechanics – Feel full control and responsiveness while performing specific pass rush moves. Choose the move you want via a directional stick input with full control to branch to a combo move at any time. Execute the pass rush move strategically – defenders have limited moves allowed per play, and offensive linemen will start building up resistance to moves performed repeatedly, so make sure to mix up the repertoire to maximize potential.
- AI – CPU-controlled teams and QB’s will start making in-game adjustments to your tendencies. They will start to notice trends when facing repeated play-calls, and start using audibles, adjustments and concept-counters during the game to combat your strategy. AI-controlled QB’s will play to their archetypes, while mobile QB’s will make plays on the run and pocket passers will intelligently read the field. Make sure you mix up your play-calling against top QB’s in the game to keep them guessing!
- Tackling Enhancements- Ball Carriers and defenders will now be more aware of where they are on the field when it comes to the goal line, pylon, and first down marker. Ball carriers will intelligently reach for that extra yard needed for a first down or touchdown, while defenderswill make the effort to prevent the extra yardage, all driven by Superstar abilities and player ratings. Tackling in the open field is enhanced by the Breakdown Tackle mechanic, that allows defenders to seamlessly get into position for a low-risk wrap tackle while intelligently anticipating contact, but make sure to time the breakdown correctly or risk a fake-out.
- Superstar X-Factor 2.0 –Superstar X-Factors are back! Over 50 new abilities and a new group of Superstarplayers bring game-changing strategy to each game and highlight the stars of the NFL. Improvements to existing abilities bring balanced gameplay, while new abilities enhance passing, pass-rushandball-carrier moves acrossevery mode.
- NFL Live Playbooks –Playbook updatesall season long to reflect the latest schemes and strategies from the real-life NFL season.
Go all out in The Yard, a brand-new backyard football-inspired mode in Madden NFL 21 where wild gameplay moments, house rules, and a fearless attitude are the name of the game.
Kick-off your experience on the all-new Madden NFL 21 Mobile app and enter The Yard: Underground. Here, you’ll create and customize your one-of-a-kind Avatar and swag out with the freshest gear you’ve ever seen in Madden. Play solo challenges to begin earning Cred, collecting Rep to grow your Madden Rank for bragging rights, and unlock fresh gear for your avatar so you can take your skills to The Yard in style. Connect and login to your EA account to seamlessly swap from your solo The Yard: Underground experience on mobile to The Yard on Madden NFL 21 online with friends. As long as you’re logged in, you’ll have access to your Avatar, earned rewards, progression, and Gear collection all season. So, whether you’re playing on mobile, console, or PC, you can play The Yard anywhere.
Access new field locations around the globe with unique vibes and varied rule sets, from Miami Port to Berlin, anywhere, anytime. Lookout for content updates all season including new locations, and new and exclusive gear drops along the way. The rising generation of NFL superstars has been dropping dimes and creating in space for years, way before they got to the league. Now, it’s your turn. Rally the squad, gear up, and create a legacy of your own in Madden NFL 21: The Yard.
- AVATAR – Create, customize, play, progress. Create and customize your one-of-a-kind Avatar to represent you and express your individuality throughout The Yard. Swag out your Avatar with the freshest gear you’ve ever seen in Madden. Collect Rep to build your Madden Rank as you progress and earn Cred to unlock more gear.
- GEAR – Find your fit. Equip your Avatar with the freshest gear you’ve ever seen in Madden. Earn Cred by tackling challenges, rack up points, and notch W’s. Then, visit the Gear Store and swag out your avatar to stay winning in style. Keep an eye out for new gear drops all year long.
- SHARED INVENTORY – Console ↔ Mobile. Connect and login to your EA account to seamlessly swap from your solo The Yard: Underground experience on mobile to The Yard on Madden NFL 21 online with friends. As long as you’re logged in, you’ll have access to your Avatar and inventory of earned rewards (Cred), progression (Rep, Madden Rank), and gear collection all season. Pick up and play The Yard anywhere.
- LOCATIONS – Forget home-field advantage. Access new field locations around the globe with unique vibes and varied rule sets. Whether you’re running routes at a tailgate outside Lambeau Field, lighting up the scoreboard at Miami Port, or dominating overseas in Berlin at the Brandenburg Football Festival, you can forget home-field advantage. Unlock new locations throughout the year as you progress.
- CRED, REP, MADDEN RANK – Earn your Cred, build your Rep. Earn Cred, an all-new currency in The Yard, by tackling challenges and racking up points and W’s. Spend your Cred in the Gear Store so you can swag out your Avatar with the freshest cosmetics in the game. Build your Rep, and grow your Madden Rank for bragging rights. There are five tiers to Madden Rank including Newbie, Regular, Seasoned, Superfan, and Diehard.
Entitle for MADDEN NFL 21 on PlayStation 4 before the release of MADDEN NFL 22, and upgrade to MADDEN NFL 21 PlayStation 5 at no additional cost. Discless consoles require a digital entitlement to upgrade.* Visit easports.com/nextlevel for more information